ASWP provides these services to the birding community:
- Special Bird Outings to unique locations through the region.
- Educational opportunities for birders of all skill levels with public programs at Beechwood Farms and Todd Sanctuary.
- The best in birding equipment and supplies at our Audubon Nature Store at Beechwood.
- The Natural History Library with an extensive collection of books and field guides on birds and western Pennsylvania flora and fauna, including rare volumes. Open the general public as a reference library and to Friends of Audubon members as a lending library. Located at Beechwood. Open during Audubon Nature Store hours.
- Christmas Bird Count: An annual, nationwide event each December. Coordinated regionally by ASWP, it records all birds seen in a single day. A great chance to try your skills, or to follow along with someone more experienced to pick up tips on identifying and finding birds in your neighborhood. For more information, visit our CBC web page.