Dawn until dusk. Closed during deer hunting season.
Directions from Pittsburgh:
- From Pittsburgh, take Rt. 28 north
- Take exit 17 for Rt. 356. Turn right at the exit to proceed north on 356 toward Sarver for 0.8 miles.
- Turn right at the first traffic light onto Monroe Road, across from South Pike shopping plaza.
- Follow Monroe Road for 1.2 miles to a fork in the road, and bear right onto Kepple Road past Buffalo Golf Course.
- After 1.8 miles, the Nature Reserve is marked by a sign on the right. Park in the lot to the right.
Directions from Butler County area:
- Take Rt. 228 East to Rt. 356
- Turn left onto 356 North and travel 0.2 miles to Sarver Road.
- At the light, turn right onto Sarver Road and travel 3.5 miles to Kepple Road
- Turn right and travel 1.2 miles south on Kepple Road. The nature reserve parking lot is located on the left. The Nature Reserve sign is not visible from the Butler direction; the sign is only visible from the opposite direction.
Park in the lot and please sign in at the cabin, a short walk from the parking lot.