Audubon Nature Store
Get your garden ready for the summer with our selection of tools, supplies and decorative items by Atlas Glove, Joyce Chen, Felco, Mud Glove, Victorinox, Whitehall and many more!
And stock up on bird seed at Audubon Nature Store. Birds love seed year-round!
And don't forget to pick up a copy of our Western PA Birding Trail Guide, featuring 60 locations for birding and nature watching in Western Pennsylvania. Can't make it into the store? Order yours today online!
The Audubon Nature store is located at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve, 614 Dorseyville Road, in Fox Chapel. Store hours: Tuesday from 9 am - 7 pm; Wednesday - Saturday from 9 am - 5 pm; Sunday from 1 pm - 5 pm; Closed Monday.
Remember that we're always looking for good volunteers at Audubon Nature Store!
Audubon Nature Store Volunteer Description
- Contact: Nature Store Manager, Craig Falatovich – firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-963-6100
The Audubon Nature Store Volunteer reports to the store manager and contributes to the day-to-day operations of the store in order to obtain sales goals, and to provide excellent customer service.
· Greet and assist customers/visitors in a friendly, professional manner
· Assist customers with purchases and provide information about product, memberships, programs, etc.
· Answer questions/phone calls and assist/direct accordingly
· Process sales, exchanges and returns
· Assist with product placement, inventory and merchandise labeling
· Actively maintain visual appearance and cleanliness of store
· Serve as a front-line representative of the organization
· Possesses a friendly, professional and outgoing personality
· Able to work with the general public as well as professionals
· Comfortable with handling money, checks and credit cards
· Comfortable with working on a computer and Point of Sale system
· Able to carry 10 lb. bird seed bags
To volunteer in the nature store at least one day a week for four hours.
Onsite training on Point of Sale system, processing sales, selling techniques, product knowledge, policies and procedures of the organization and more will be provided by the store manager and the professional staff at ASWP.