Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Join our nature store team as a Retail Associate and be surrounded by the beauty of Beechwood
Farms Nature Reserve, headquarters of the Western Pennsylvania Audubon Society. The Nature Store is the heart of the property, and typically the first stop for visitors before they explore the five miles of trails and 134 acres of sanctuary at Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve.
The nature store carries a wide array of bird feeding supplies, birding/hiking gear, as well as a thoughtfully curated selection of nature-focused gifts. Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve is an inspiring place to be, with the opportunity to learn much about birds and nature through senior staff and educational programming.
The Retail Associate is expected to provide superior customer service to our visitors, assist with product placement, operate the Point of Sale system and ensure a safe and clean retail space, often in an independent manner. This position will be responsible for opening and closing the nature store and securing the facilities at the end of the day. The Retail Associate is responsible for providing immediate assistance to the Retail Manager in a variety of assigned tasks in preparation for and during the sales day. Additionally, the Retail Associate will provide staff support during event rentals at Beechwood. This is a weekend and evening position.
+ with occasional evening hours as needed for event rentals.
· Complete opening and closing procedures
· Ensure product is stocked and displayed properly
· Assist customers with product selection
· Assist customers with their sale using Point of Sale
· Assist telephone callers and direct calls appropriately
· Assist with inventory related administrative tasks
· Assist with product orders
· Clean product and displays
· Work independently in the store
· Provide staff support during event
· Provide immediate assistance to rental party
· Ensure facility remains safe
· Close building and ensure security
· Other duties related to sales preparation and/or client assistance as directed by supervisor
The Retail Associate is required to provide his/her own personal transportation to and
The appearance of our employees is an important aspect of rental events, so the employee may be required to conform to a specified dress code.
This position requires daytime, evening and weekend work; a commitment to a flexible schedule is an important requirement.
· Criminal and child clearance background checks are required for all ASWP staff, interns and volunteers.
· Routinely required to carry birdseed that weighs 40 lbs.
· Routinely required to be on feet throughout the shift
· All staff, interns and volunteers are required to review equipment safety standards as they relate to their duties
· Required to follow safety standards as outlined by supervisor
· Expected to report to work as assigned and meet with supervisor as needed
· Expected to work independently as assigned
· Expected to deliver work standards appropriate to his/her abilities and according to the expectations of the Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania (ASWP) is an environmental education and conservation engagement organization founded in 1916 and based in Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel). It is an independent chapter of National Audubon Society and serves a seven-county region consisting of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Washington, and Westmorland counties. ASWP maintains three nature reserves – Beechwood Farms Nature Reserve in Allegheny County, and Succop Nature Park and Todd Nature Reserve in Butler County. With an annual budget of approximately $1,250,000 and 18 employees (plus seasonal help), ASWP conducts both formal and informal programs in schools and at its three locations, and conservation projects throughout the region.
The mission of Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is to: Connect the people of southwestern PA to birds and nature through its programs, projects, and places.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.25 per hour
Staff are required to wear facemasks, store guests are strongly encouraged to wear face masks. Our store offers curbside pickup. When weather allows, doors are opened for fresh air. We run an air purifier in our checkout area and have a plexiglass shield.