Audubon at Succop Nature Park is looking for multiple, part-time Seasonal Event Assistants to support onsite events. These are temporary seasonal positions for people who like to interact with others while representing an organization with a mission to connect people to nature.
The positions are seasonal and shifts include weekend days and evenings. Work schedules and total hours worked will vary based on the candidate’s availability and flexibility. The assistants report directly to the Center Coordinator. Beginning wage is $11.25/hour.
- Follow detailed check-list in preparing the site for rental events and transitioning the site for the next event; duties will include equipment set-up and tear down; stocking supplies, cleaning the house and pavilion, and cleaning and maintaining restrooms.
- Serve as a key holder ensuring facilities opened and locked at appropriate times.
- Ability to safely operate equipment, including but not limited to Gator all-terrain vehicle and backpack leaf blower.
- Serve as a liaison with catering staff, vendors, and clients throughout the event period; respond to questions and monitor activities to ensure rules and regulations are followed by all parties.
- Direct and manage traffic during peak arrival times.
- Inspect site before, during and after events; document damage and incidents involving guests with assistance from the manager-on-call.
- Receive training to provide staffing support as needed in the gift shop.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Driver’s License; will be asked to drive a Gator all-terrain vehicle.
- Criminal and child clearance background checks are required for all ASWP staff, interns and volunteers. Substance abuse tests may be required.
- Be able to lift at least 25lbs consistently. Be able to be on feet throughout the shift.
- Time and weekend flexible; must be able to stay longer than scheduled time when the need arises.
- Candidates should enjoy working with others, solving problems, and thinking quickly to find solutions. This invaluable experience will be very beneficial in future positions.
- Personable and friendly even when pushed or doing duties outside of your description; lots of face to face time with vendors, catering staff, clients and guests.
- Be familiar and follow safety standards as outlined by the Center Coordinator.
Contact: Davlin Smith - email@example.com or (724) 586-2591