The Seasonal Event Assistant is responsible for providing immediate assistance to Succop Nature Park staff in a variety of assigned tasks. The Seasonal Event Assistant is expected to assist the staff to prepare and maintain the facilities, infrastructure and grounds in a safe and clean manner before, during and after events. Requires weekend days and evenings. The employee reports directly to the Center Coordinator. Beginning wage is $11.25/hour.
Clean and disinfect restrooms
Clean event shelter, dispose of trash and recycling
Assist with Marcraig house cleaning and cleaning outside
Stock/replenish trash can liners, toiletries, etc. in all public areas.
Ensure tables and chairs are clean and well-presented
Set-up tables and chairs as per event needs
Place signs, decorations, etc. as per event needs
Assist caterers with specific event set-up and clean-up
Assist with parking/traffic during events
Greet and assist guests as needed
Clean-up grounds to ensure area is event-ready
Clean-up patios, entrances, walkways and driveways
Other duties as directed by supervisor
The Seasonal Event Assistant is required to provide his/her own personal transportation to and from Succop Nature Park.
Criminal and child clearance background checks are required for all ASWP staff, interns
Substance abuse tests may be required
Routinely required to carry equipment up to 25 lbs.
Routinely required to be on feet throughout the shift
Routinely required to safely operate a Gator all-terrain vehicle
All staff, interns, and volunteers are required to review equipment safety standards as they relate to their duties
Required to follow safety standards as outlined by supervisor
Expected to report to work as assigned and meet with supervisor as needed
Expected to work independently as assigned
Expected to deliver work standards appropriate to his/her abilities
Apply by emailing a resume to Davlin Smith, Center Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Environmental Educator/Resident Camp Staff position is a short-term educator position that supports Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania’s (ASWP) contract program with the Fox Chapel Area School District (FCASD). It is an environmental education resident camp program which currently takes place at Camp Allegheny in Stoystown, Pennsylvania. This residential camp program is the core of the Fox Chapel Area School District fifth grade Environment and Ecology, and Social Studies curricula. Educator duties include:
- Facilitating environmental education lessons and activities, mainly in outdoor/trail settings
- Helping to train and oversee high school students serving as camp counselors
- Leading campfires, and group activities/games
- Supervising student daily routines
- Managing program materials and supplies
Employment Period: September 11, 2018 to October 20, 2018. Includes week-long break Oct 7-13. Room and board provided onsite throughout employment period.
- Employment contingent on obtaining background clearances as required by the state of Pennsylvania (fees reimbursed)
- Willingness to work outdoors in a rural/natural setting in varying weather conditions
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Ability to work well with all ages (upper elementary, high school, adult)
Preferred but not required
- Bachelors in environmental education, environmental studies, natural sciences, education or related field, or prior relevant experience
- Prior experience working with children
- First Aid/CPR (if not current, certification will be provided)
Employment term includes approximately one week of training/prep work. Some weekend work required, but most weekends off. Room and board provided onsite throughout the
Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and 3 reference contacts to Gabi Hughes, email@example.com.
Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania (ASWP) is a 501c3 nonprofit environmental education and conservation organization based in Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel). The mission of Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania is to connect the people of southwestern Pennsylvania to birds and nature through our programs, projects, and places.