Wings Water & Wildlife
|September 23 from 10 am - 2 pm
Celebrate birds, nature, and water! The first 150 visitors will receive a free tree!
• Meet Audubon’s Eastern Screech Owl
• Stop by the Flying Solo Marketplace to check out the groups’ members selling their art, baked goods, and handcrafted items. A portion of their proceeds support the education and conservation work of Audubon!
• Try your hand at fly casting and learn more about fly fishing from the Arrowhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited
• See an electro-fishing demonstration in little Buffalo Creek directly behind our building, held by Duquesne University
• Make and Take activities including seed balls, a fun nature craft, and fish prints (you can bring your own all cotton t-shirt or just make a print on our paper to take home)
• Purchase drinks and snacks from Scout Pack 557
While you’re here, meet our conservation and other partners to learn more about their work or efforts within our watershed:
• Armstrong County Conservation District with H2Oh on the Go!
• Buffalo Township Community Foundation
• Butler County Conservation District
• Butler Freeport Community Trail Association
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History
• PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Forestry Division
• PA Master Naturalists building blue bird boxes
• Penn State Watershed Stewardship Program
• Pitt Water Collaboratory
Plus, check out the Enviroscape watershed model and our macroinvertebrate identification table.
This event is offered for free to the public by ASWP through funding from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Growing Greener Fund in support of the Buffalo Creek Watershed Coalition.