Celebrate birds, nature, and water at the Wings, Water, and Wildlife Festival! The festival fun starts at 10 am on September 23, 2023 at Buffalo Creek Nature Park in Sarver, PA! The event is free but advance registration is requested.
A few highlights on the day:
• Meet Audubon’s Eastern Screech Owl
• Try your hand at fly casting and learn more about fly fishing from the Arrowhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited
• Learn how fish surveys are done - see an electro-fishing demonstration in little Buffalo Creek directly behind our building, held by Duquesne University. Electro-fishing is a non-lethal surveying technique that helps us to identify the species and number of fish in the water.
• Make and Take activities including seed balls, a fun nature craft, and fish prints (you can bring your own all cotton t-shirt or just make a print on our paper to take home)
• Purchase drinks and snacks from Scout Pack 557
Stop by the Flying Solo Marketplace to check out the groups’ members selling their art, baked goods, and handcrafted items. A portion of their proceeds support the education and conservation work of Audubon!
While you’re here, meet our conservation and other partners to learn more about their work or efforts within our watershed:
• Armstrong County Conservation District with H2Oh on the Go!
• Buffalo Township Community Foundation
• Butler County Conservation District
• Butler Freeport Community Trail Association
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History – along with some animal friends
• PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Forestry Division
• PA Master Naturalists building blue bird boxes
• Penn State Watershed Stewardship Program
• Pitt Water Collaboratory
Plus, check out the Enviroscape watershed model and our macroinvertebrate identification table.
This event is offered for free to the public by ASWP through funding from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Growing Greener Fund in support of the Buffalo Creek Watershed Coalition.